Thread: Chelsea Vs. Bayern Leverkusen

Banned
    Brighton (Originally from South East London)

Chelsea Vs. Bayern Leverkusen

CHELSEA VS. BAYERN LEVERKUSEN
    13TH SEPT 2011
    STAMFORD BRIDGE

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.chelseafc.com/javaImages/63/48/0,,10268~3688547,00.jpg')
    EDIT:
    TOPIC CLOSED AS GAME IS FINISHED.

Final Score = Chelsea 2 : 0 Bayern Leverkusen (David Luiz & Mata) [My Prediction was right but not for the scorers lol ]

Post yoor pre-match thoughts on this game.

Its our first champions league game of the 2011/2012 campaign and we are welcoming Michael Ballack back to the bridge.
    We have home advantage and we are usually pretty consistent during the group stages. So i have a good feeling about this game

I believe it will be a close game but i think we will nudge it,

My prediction

Chelsea 2 : 0 Bayern Leverkusen

Goalscorers : Lampard & Torres.

Post yoor thoughts.
    Last edited by SugarShane; 14th September 2011 at 17:46.

Nice thread. Like the stadium picture you have haha..

My prediction is 3-1 to Chelsea.
    Sturridge x 2, Torres on the score sheets.

Hope we make a good start to the Champions League.

Banned
    Same, as do i!.

Who do yoo think will score for bayern? and how comes yoo believe we are going to concede?

Because in the last games we always concede, don't forget Bayern Leverkusen are a strong team.
    Think its Torres's last chance to prove to everyone he is capable.

Prediction: 2-0 to Chelsea
    Goalscorers: Sturridge, Mata.

No JT, No Lampard.

Confirmed line up for the game in the next hr.

Cech,
    Bosingwa - Ivanovic - Luiz - Cole
    Mikel
    Meireles - Malouda
    Sturridge - Torres - Mata

Good line up.

Cech being the captain

Ballack will have a presentation woo..

Great line up... But still wished Terry and Lamps were in
    Yaayee Luiz!
    Last edited by Faiza; 13th September 2011 at 19:12.

Faiza, your predictions are always correct LOL.
    You got the Mata part right, but Sturridge was quiet today. Great to see Luiz on the score sheet again.
    Hope he scores against Man U again lol.

Oh yeah, it was Mata's 2nd goal and both goals were scored in injury time haha..

Torres played well today, made 2 assists. Still want him to score though.
    Last edited by realisoph; 13th September 2011 at 21:51.

@ Realisoph, LOL
    Great to see Mata scoring every time! Yaayee Luiz

#10 is the number!

Love Mata, every time he is on, he is always the most sharpest player and shows his talents.

Chelsea Fan

Smile

My take of the game
    --------------------

Its not often you see a Chelsea game where the ball is moving quickly up and down the field, all your players performing including the subs who came on and almost no mistakes at all. The passing, the movement which was on display was the best in AVB's tenure.AVB has started to put in a mark of his own which had "the special one" written all over it until yesterday's match. it was a superb performance from the team.

Cech actually saved the game for us. He was cool and calm when the midfield general Ballack had a great opening for scoring. apart from that he didnt have much to do but he had done more than enuf. Luiz and Brana partnership looked a bit out of sync, mainly on communication. understandable coz they havenít really played together in Centre before. Luiz's commitment and Brana's work rate worked well for us. The full backs did a decent job.. although Bosingwa was a bit too lax in clearing a ball in the box.

The defense gets 8/10 for this game.

The MF was quite direct. although Raul had a good game again breaking up plays, intercepting the balls and long balls to the flanks ahead, Mikel was a touch lazy sometimes but he did okay. The surprise package was Malouda. He had his best game so far. He was very much in the thick of things. The 2nd goal 1-2 with Torres was nice to watch. But i hope he will not start against Manure. Over all we need some more creativity from the MF.

The MF gets 7/10 for this game.

The attacking trio of Stu-tor-mata is the what all we chelsea fans been screaming for all this while. For once AVB seemed to concur with our views. Sturridge had a great game and i was surprised when he was being replaced. maybe AVB will play him for only 60 mins come what may? that must be it, else he was causing all sorts of problems. he gave away the ball quite a few number of times but he s still improving all the time. Mata --what can i say.. this is the only guy who looked like he ll make something happen at anytime. Petr Cech also thought likewise and threw quite a few number of good balls to him. MATA is pure class. The way he moves is a treat to watch. He has a great vision too and spot runs, spot through balls etc very well. glad we signed him.

The guy who needs a special mention is Fernando "el nino" Torres. The guy is under tremendous pressure and fear of 'not scoring in the match' is written all over his face. He carried a heavy price tag and is the highest earner @ the club. He is trying very hard to impress AVB and actually do some justice to his price tag. It was a nice gesture by Mata to cheer up the guy who assisted him in scoring and fully aware his country man's dire situation when it comes to goals scored vs matches played. Torres with 2 assists has now talked on the pitch but I would love to see him score.

The ST/Wingers get 8/10 for this game.

Notable mentions are the subs Anelka and Lamps. Especially Anelka. he had a very good game doing all the nice work on the right but was unlucky not have got the goal when the linesman flagged someone offside wrongly. but i would take this kind a off the bench performance to no show for the whole game from him anyday.

OVERALL : 8/10
    Improvement : Midfield
    Man of the Match : Fernando Torres
    THE BLOOD IS BLUE, BE A TRUE BLUE
    MANSOOR CFC

Yes, that I agree. Torres did show some brilliant improvements, especially his effort in Mata's goal was spectacular!
    Luiz's goal was a beauty!
    All in all "a great game by The Blues!"
    Ballack \m/

Banned
    Torres made 2 good assists yeah but he still had poor touches, and made a couple wrong decisions. Sturridge was good yet again he is too selfish and lost the ball a few times. Anelka was a great addition to the game i still cant understand why people hate on anelka so much, as hes a good player.

Also im getting fed up of people saying the 50 million pound man etc, when berbatov was rubbish they never kept calling him the 30 million man did they? give the man a break, he is low on confidence. was a step in the right direction with torres, but i still wasnt that impressed with him.

Yes, Anelka did show some REAL good ones!!

Banned
    Topic Now Closed As Game Is Finished.

Thread Information