Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: John Terry Court Case

If he's guilty, id say to him <---think twice before saying anything

Banned
    If he's found guilty I think they'll be saying a lot more than that!

WE need to be clear about something here - he could BE innocent and be found innocent.
    OR.. if could BE innocnet but be found guilty.
    OR.. he could be guilty but be found innocent.
    OR ...he could be guilty and be found guilty.

My own hope is that he IS innocent and that he will be FOUND to be innocent.

Banned
    If he is found guilty, will he remain captain for Club and Country?

Banned
    Even though racism is wrong, if he is found guilty, the fans will probably still support him.

"Captain, Leader, Legend and a Racist"

Hope theres evidence found that he is innocent.

Banned
    Excellent article, Hutch, thanks for posting it. I can't understand why Martin Samuel writes for the Daily Mail!

Brilliant article, a breath of fresh air amid the stench of hypocrisy in the British media.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Hutchinson56 View Post
    Where did you get that from? It looks like something a Liverpool fan might write.

Funny thing about Liverpool fans, when the story first broke, the consensus of opinion appeared to be along the lines of "I can't stand John Terry but no way he's a racist". Many were even convinced that he didn't use the word "black". "Looks more like blind to me. Calling the ref a blind c*nt would make sense".

And then with the Suarez case, everything changed. To a man, up in self-pity city, with an attitude echoed by their followers worldwide, they're out for Justice. Suarez was stitched up, they will tell you. If Luis (since signing for Liverpool he's now "Luiis" - previously he was that cheating Uruguan c*nt") was banned for eight games, John Terry should get a season long ban.

Liverpool logic fails to differentiate between the Independent Tribunal that found Suarez guilty and the criminal allegation faced by John Terry. Nope. "It's an FA Conspiracy" they will tell you. Even more incredibly, Liverpool fans en masse appear to be convinced that John Terry gets an easy ride in the media, and will continue to be given an easy ride as long as he remains captain of England. Suarez, so goes the party line, was made an example of because he's a foreigner of mixed race.

Never mind the ludicrous pro-Suarez campaign, those embarrassing tshirts, Dogleash's increasingly incoherent ramblings, Suarez himself changing his story at the drop of a hat. Oh no .. Suarez was stitched up. Good old diving, cheating, biting Louis Suarez, that credit to the game. And John Terry gets an easy ride.
    Well I know some people have been saying that (non Chelsea fans ofcourse) and if he is to be found guilty it would be even worse.
    Didn't he want to retire as a Chelsea player and then go into management to manage a different club? This incident will affect his whole career.

So the FA have stripped JT of the England captaincy after unproven allegations - for the second time. The farce over Wayne Bridge's ex-girlfriend was bad enough, but to take this kind of action over unproven, and very likely unprovable allegations is a f*ckin' disgrace. Ferdinand should hang his head in shame, he nor any of his team-mates heard any alleged abuse of any kind, yet jumped on the bandwagon to get JT charged, the conniving bunch of c*nts.

I would fully support John Terry if he should now retire from international football, and tell the FA to stick the England team up their collective arse - the way he's been treated is abominable.

Banned
    Totally have to agree with you there. The F.A (Ferguson Federation ) is so corrupted. They have no evidence to prove that he is a racist.
    The thing I don't get is, he plays in a club with a lot of multi cultured players so I doubt he said what they think he said.

Banned
    I am outraged that yet again the FA have set themselves up as a kangaroo court. For centuries Britain has followed the principle that people are innocent until proven guilty and now TWICE the FA target the same man and punish him for something that he has not been found guilty of. It is a blatant breach of the principles of justice. Are the FA simply a set of donkeys gnawing at the carrots laid before them by the gutter press of Britain?

I'd like to see all decent English footballers of any colour or ethnic origin take a stand against this grossly unfair decision.

Banned
    Very unfair I have to say.
    Someone should start a petition to stop this unfair decision made by the F.A.
    F*ck David Bernstein.

If JT loses his captaincy, who will be the captain for England?

Steven Gerrard
    Wayne Rooney
    Rio Ferdinand
    Joe Hart
    Ashley Cole
    Frank Lampard
    Gareth Barry
    Scott Parker

If they take the captaincy i think it will go to lampard or gerrad cos ferdinand aint ready to take it,and there are speculations that terry might quit the national team.

Banned
    I think Joe Hart probably get it, because the others most likely retire from national football soon and he will be a good candidate.

Banned
    Kevin McCarra in the guardian had this to say:

Departing Fabio Capello is further weakened by John Terry's demotion

It is not just John Terry who has been demoted with the loss of the captaincy. Fabio Capello, too, has been stripped of his powers. The manager had no qualms about the centre-half retaining the armband at Euro 2012 while preparing to stand trial in July over allegations that he had racially abused the Queens Park Rangers defender Anton Ferdinand during a match.

Others took a different view and reminded themselves that Capello is their employee rather than their overlord. The FA chairman, David Bernstein, canvassed his board members and found a majority in favour of taking action. It has been a while since Capello seemed a figure of absolute authority. The Italian knows he has been marginalised.

Capello is understood to have been annoyed that no one consulted him, but he realises that Bernstein and the board felt obliged to act. Having been taken by surprise he has yet to decide who will next captain the team.

More broadly, Capello suffers from the routine difficulty of any manager whose leaving date is known. The thoughts of players and employers turn to the identity of his successor. Capello has no great sanctions any more. If he ditches someone, the footballer will realise he can soon return under the next regime.

In former times, the board, in common with the public, would have trembled with awe in his presence. Capello, after all, initially resembled a walking compendium of answers to England's many troubles. That blaze of hope was then extinguished in the turgid displays at the 2010 World Cup.

Even since, Capello has been striving to convey a sense of renewal although the introduction of fresher faces to the squad does not suffice in itself. He is also unfortunate that injuries have prevented Jack Wilshere from being seen as the epitome of a new and better England that could yet emerge.

If a manager hangs around long enough, people become familiar with the fallibility of a person once believed to embody judgment and knowhow. Not even Capello is safe from that. He is set on retiring after Euro 2012 and, with each miserable day that goes by he should find solace in the realisation that he will soon be a free man. Time has taken its toll. Every incident seems to carry overtones of some previous event. In Terry's case this is not the first time that he has been stripped of the England armband. Capello took it from him for more than a year.

The captaincy went then to Rio Ferdinand, but the fitness of the Manchester United player is now too fragile for him to be charged with leadership. It is far from sure that Ferdinand will even be in shape for Euro 2012. Capello, on practical grounds, would rue his absence, but there has occasionally been a suspicion that the Italian is merely going along with English culture when acting as if the armband is the ultimate prize.

People in this country often care deeply about the captaincy. Given that factor, it is most peculiar that the FA have felt that Terry should be subject to summary punishment, with no apparent right of appeal. The FA board will doubtless convince itself that it has acted decisively to resolve an issue that would otherwise have lingered over Euro 2012.

Banned
    That is the first little ray of sunshine in this whole disgraceful business. Well done Fabio! You are a better man than David Bernstein.

Banned
    From the telegraph:

Banned
    Oh dear. The Daily Telegraph is having a laugh!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehitabel View Post
    Oh dear. The Daily Telegraph is having a laugh!
    They probably only show the ones that they think will criticize JT the most.

Capello has gone right up in my opinion - respect to the man for speaking his mind!

Capello thinks terry is the one who can takeup the captainship duties more than anyone,just take the 20 10 world cup when he was stripped off the armband,england performed bad ,look at chelsea with all this stars over this years ,terry has been able to control everyone,even the egoistic drogba,he lead by example on the pitch and he is able to organise on the pitch.

Thread Information