Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Gary Cahill

Banned
    Apparently he might come later today, fingers crossed.

Banned
    Another article from the DailyMail

Link

Chelsea seal 30m Cahill deal as Bolton defender finally says yes to Blues move

Gary Cahill should finally become a Chelsea player after his 7million move from Bolton was settled on Friday night.

The England defender, aged 26, agreed to sign a 23m contract that runs until 2017 after talks with Blues' chief executive Ron Gourlay, who travelled north to break the impasse.

He will put pen to paper on a five-year contract worth believed to be worth 80,000 a week and could make his debut at Norwich next Saturday.

Cahill will complete a medical at Chelsea's training ground on Saturday, and should be presented to the Stamford Bridge crowd before the Premier League game with Sunderland.

Cahill had spent two weeks stalling the deal and was effectively accused by manager Andre Villas-Boas of wanting too much money.

But he was also concerned about where he would fit in, fearing if he did not play enough first-team football this season he might lose his place in Fabio Capello's England squad for Euro 2012.

But Gourlay convinced the player that he was the first choice of Villas Boas to strengthen Chelsea's defence before putting the pay deal - authorised by owner Roman Abramovich - on the table.

Bolton feared they could lose the defender, who has seven England caps, for nothing in the summer when his contract runs out.

Bolton have a ready-made replacement in USA defender Tim Ream, who was at the club's training ground on Friday with a view to sealing a 2.5million move from Major League Soccer's New York Red Bulls.

Boss Owen Coyle could also make a bid for Blackburn's Junior Hoilett.
    Hope all this is true.

Banned
    I love how you used the *'s

On twitter:

Gary Cahill is officialy a Chelsea player! He will wear the number 13 kit. It will be announced on the CFC Site later. -Z.
    Similar messages appearing on Twitter.

I'm well pleased with this transfer, I've wanted us to sign Cahill since he was at Villa. Now we just need a decent right-back and a good winger!

Banned
    If only they had the sense to consult you, BlueBeard! Actually I do often wonder whether they dip in and out of the various Chelsea forums and make note of good suggestions.

Banned
    Apparently he still not signed yet, but medical passed?

Banned
    Oh the suspense! I thought it was more or less a done deal. He's passed his medical and he was sitting in the director's box at the match yesterday with a big grin on his face. Maybe the announcement will be made tomorrow.

Banned
    Gary Cahill is now officially a Chelsea player. But I haven;t done the link properly! I am so hopeless at all this IT stuff! sorry. But he is definitely ours! He will be wearing the no 24 shirt.

Banned
    From the official site:

CAHILL SIGNS

Gary Cahill today (Monday) completed his transfer to Chelsea.

He becomes the fifth current England international in the squad and having passed a medical examination on Saturday morning, watched his new team-mates beat Sunderland in the afternoon.

On moving to Stamford Bridge from Bolton Wanderers, the 26-year-old central defender said:

'Chelsea is a massive club, it is a club that looks to win trophies season in season out and it is a big opportunity for me to be a part of that. Opportunities like this you can't turn down.'

He is eligible to play for Chelsea in the FA Cup this season having not featured in Bolton's third round tie. He will wear the no. 24 shirt.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.chelseafc.com/javaImages/fc/91/0,,10268~10392060,00.jpg')

Born in Sheffield in December 1985, Cahill joined Aston Villa's Academy as a 15-year-old but joined Burnley on a half-season loan in late 2004, making his Football League debut in a 1-0 win over Nottingham Forest.

He made 32 appearances in all competitions for the Clarets, winning both Player of the Year and Young Player of the Year awards at Turf Moor before returning to Villa's first-team setup in late 2005, making his bow in an 8-3 win against Wycombe in the League Cup, but it was not until April that he made a Premier League appearance in a 5-0 defeat at Arsenal.

The defender kept his place however and began the next season at the centre of defence under Martin O' Neill, but after just two appearances in 2007/08 he went out on loan again, signing for Sheffield United in the Championship, scoring twice in 16 games for the Bramall Lane club.

A 5 million move to Bolton followed in January 2008 and Cahill quickly settled at the Reebok Stadium, becoming a fixture in Gary Megson's side and helping them avoid relegation.

An England Under 21 international since early 2007, Cahill was added to the England squad for a World Cup qualifier against Kazakhstan in June 2009, but had to wait until September2010 for a debut, when he replaced the injured Michael Dawson to partner John Terry in a 4-0 win over Bulgaria.

In March 2011, Cahill made his first England start in a friendly against Ghana, and scored his first international goal away in Bulgaria in September (pictured below).

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.chelseafc.com/javaImages/3f/91/0,,10268~10391871,00.jpg')

Form at club level had remained consistently high under the guidance of Owen Coyle, and he played 36 league games during 2010/11, but stated he would not be signing a new contract for the Lancashire club when his current deal expired in 2012.

This led to interest from a number of top clubs but it was Stamford Bridge Cahill favoured as a destination.
    Link

I am so happy that he is officially a Chelsea player. Hopefully he will become successful and keep our defence rock solid!

Number 24?, I was thinking why not 13?

24 and 26 our defense

Banned
    Thank you, Kevlar! That's what I was trying to link to.

13? Do we have the number 13 on our shirts? Often hotels don't have a room 13 because of people's superstitions.

Banned
    True.
    The following numbers are now available:

13,14,25,27,28,29,30,31,32,35,36,37,38,39,41+

Congratulations to all Blue supporters in all over the Globe...
    Just a suggesting XI : Cech---Cole---JT---Cahill---Ivanovic---Luiz---Essien/Lampard---Ramires/Meireles---Mata---Torres---Sturridge
    Please join the following facebook page...anyone who can cooperate in administrating it would be welcomed:
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Chelse...65177986883679

Banned
    I think our best defence will be the England Defence but with Ivanovic playing at RB.

Ivanovic, Cahill, Terry, Cole

I think we should sub David Luiz or play him in the holding midfielder position.

Chelsea Fan JacksonvilleChelseaFan's Avatar
    Will he play against Norwich?

Banned
    Yeh I would say so. Probably go on as a substitute though.

Man I hope I get that game on espn3 over here... I would imagine it would be

Banned
    If not, PM me.
    I will give you a link.

Nice yeah for sure... I don't get to many of the non rival games.

I got the chat message but I don't know how to reply yet off this iPad... I love apple but these things can be confusing haha

Banned
    Normally during the Chelsea matches, we will have more active members talking about the game in the chatbox.

Thread Information