Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone attended any live matches? (merged)

Chelsea Fan

Anyone attended any live matches? (merged)

Just as what the title says. Well as anyone of you attended the live matches? or if you are about to go to one.
    share your experience with us

Well not yet. And im really sad about it. I love Chelsea so much, but im from Slovenia and i can't afford to buy a plane ticket, match ticket, and a hotel stay. It has been my dream for many years and still is, but i hope maybe someday it will come true.

Good luck fokz, maybe one day you can

tnx, have you been there yet?

Have you ever watched any live Chelsea matches?

Have you ever watched any live Chelsea matches in Stamford Bridge?

I've never watched any, but I would love to.
    What about you?
    If you did, what was the experience?
    Please share,

Thanks
    Last edited by realisoph; 12th January 2012 at 14:39.

Very similar story to Hutchinson56's.

My dad took me to my first game in August 1967, a 1-1 draw at home to Fulham. He also took me the following week, at home to Southampton - a game we lost 2-6. Didn't matter though, I was already hooked, and besides, Peter Osgood scored both Chelsea goals, one of them a classic. My dad could only take me to one more game that season, as we were living in Cornwall (about 300 miles away - a long distance back in the 1960's), Fulham away, a 2-2 draw. So I'd seen my first three Chelsea matches in the 67/68 season, and we hadn't won one of 'em!

We moved back to London the following summer, and so I was able to go far more regularly. I was allowed to go to the Bridge on my own by now, though I was only ten (different world back then). I rarely missed a home game from 1968 until 1986, and from 1972 onwards (when I'd started working) I also attended most away games as well. I stopped going to games in 1986 as I moved to the south coast, and finances were in a sorry state. I went to a few games in the late 1990's/early 2000's, but didn't enjoy it much. I loved the fact the fans were much closer to the pitch, but hated not being allowed to stand up, and the prices were beyond my reach really. These days I just content myself with watching the Blues on the TV or internet, and sometimes casting my mind back to the good old days of following Chelsea in the 1970's.

Banned
    My first Chelsea match was the 3rd September 1966. We were playing away at the Dell in Southampton and won 3-0. The goals were scored by Peter Osgood, Bobby Tambling and George Graham. The manager was, of course, Tommy Docherty.

Obviously in those days, we were standing on the terraces, and I was surrounded by tall men, so I had to keep standing on tiptoe to see anything at all!
    Last edited by Mehitabel; 13th January 2012 at 23:19.

Banned
    Indeed I do! Is this whole thread a conspiracy to get me to reveal my age??? I was not in a pram at that match at the Dell!

Banned
    yes, the Greaves and Laws was a bit of a clue there. Who could have foreseen back then that one day a rich Russian would come shopping?

Banned
    Back then I couldn't even imagine what or where I'd be in 30 years time! I certainly didn't see myself typing messages on a machine in my house that would instantly appear on similar machines in other people's houses. If that had been in a film I'd have thought it was Science Fiction of the most implausible kind!

Banned
    Yeah, technology has changed so fast in the last 20-30 years or so. Chelsea is also changing, and lets hope we get some silverware this season.

Sorry everyone, been a little busy lately.

Well i've never been to a live Chelsea match before, but I liked them at childhood (the hasselbaink and gudjohnson days)
    If you guys didn't know, I was born in UK but moved to Germany because my parents are from Germany and we moved back to their motherland.

Why did I like Chelsea?
    Hasselbaink was my hero back then, seeing him score those stunning shots a long with gudjohnson, made me love Chelsea.
    I will never forget those days.

Banned
    Hasselbaink and Gudjohnson were fantastic. You chose good heroes! Maybe one day you will come to Stamford Bridge and see a Chelsea victory!

That is my dream
    Maybe I will come back one day, and start going to matches.

The date was 6th Feb 2011, Location Stamford Bridge. I was over in the UK On a football tour where i saw many games, this was the Chelsea game i saw. The opponent was liverpool, it was Fernando Torres first game for the Blues, i remember when the announcer called out Torres name, the roar from the crowd was just as loud as when Rooney scored that Overhead kick against Man City a couple of weeks later. It was a dissapointing game to be honest, Chelsea we're in red hot form all season, and the moment i get to the UK to watch them play, you think they would win a game, especially against Liverpool (considering their form was very poor up until that game)

Unfortunately the match ended in heart break because we lost 0-1. It was amazing to see a full strength squad play (minus Essien)

Here is a photo i took from the game

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.chelseafcforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=44&d=1328053755')
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Hutchinson56; 1st February 2012 at 11:02.

Banned
    Apparently it was Abromovic that signed Torres and not Ancelotti. Do you believe this is true?

Thread Information