Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: QPR vs Chelsea 28/01/2012 12:00 GMT

Hybrid View

QPR vs Chelsea 28/01/2012 12:00 GMT

QPR vs Chelsea

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.trueknowledge.com/images/thumbs/180/250/QPR_Logo.png')$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://offthewoodworkblog.files.wordpress.com/2011/08/badgechelsea.gif')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.wikistadiums.org/images/stadia/loftus-road-18.jpg')

Stadium: Loftus Road
    Saturday 28th January 2012
    12:00 GMT

Match Predictions: 3-0 Chelsea
    Torres 2, Sturridge 1

FINAL SCORE
    QPR 0 - 1 CHELSEA
    CHELSEA GOAL SCORERS : Mata (Penalty)

We had 2 red cards last time we played them, resulting in a lost.
    Lets hope we can avenge and score many goals and show them who we are.

Disapointing result against Norwich and lets hope luck goes our way this time.
    FA cup will be different to the EPL, but im sure AVB will choose a strong team against them. Hopefully Cahill will make a start for the blues, as he didn't even make the bench against Norway.

Sturridge also needs to get back to his goal scoring form.

John Terry and Ferdinand will most likely see each other again, after the racism situation last time. Apparently the security will be tight in the stadium.

So what are your match predictions?
    Last edited by realisoph; 28th January 2012 at 14:10.

We better not repeat that thing. It was one hell of a disaster last time =/
    Wish Lamps didn't suffer from the injury then he could've played in this game as well as the Norwich game =(
    Prediction: 3-1 to us
    Possible goalscorers: Mata, Ramires, Torres
    Good luck Blues =) KTBFFH!

Banned
    Didn't we play them at home last time?
    It will be harder to play them at their stadium, especially after the racist incident.

I predict 2-0 for this one.
    Torres finally scoring a goal, also Sturridge to score another.

I heard Lampard is not fit for this match, because he has a slight injury.

Banned
    That game is burned on the eyeballs of Chelsea supporters! I fervently hope we thrash them to within an inch of their lives on Saturday!

Banned
    We will trash them good. Its time for Torres to show them how its done

Seriously, he didn't really have a good game against Norwich, but then not many players did.

Its bad how messed up the media is, because it focuses too much on Torres, just because he missed.
    Mata also missed a few shots, but they never complain about that.

Yeah, its his price tag.
    Do you think its his confidence that is making him miss?

Banned
    My own feeling is that it was a great mistake right at the beginning to play him against his old team. He had a dreadful game that day and I think his self-confidence took a terrible blow. Too late to do anything about that now, of course!

Another thing to consider is that Torres is not a lone striker, and plays best with a partner up front. He'd also benefit from Mata playing behind the front two, and from two decent wingers. Sadly, Chelsea don't/won't play that way and haven't done for some time - if we played an attacking 4-4-2 we'd really see the best of Torres, but I can't ever see that happening under AVB. Another factor is that when Malouda plays he never passes to Torres for reasons best known to himself - the sooner we're rid of that twat the better.
    Last, but certainly not least, all strikers need a decent run of consecutive games to build their confidence and their understanding with team-mates. Torres has never had that, he'll get a couple of games and then he's back on the bench - or he'll start on the bench and get about 10 minutes playing time, which is useless to him.

The Torres situation reminds me of the same problem that Chris Sutton had at Chelsea. Sutton's great strength was in the air, yet Vialli never used wingers to cross to him, and so he was forced to feed off scraps in the box and got loads of grief for it. I felt terribly sorry for Sutton - if we'd had two decent wingers to feed crosses to him, he'd have been scoring 25 goals plus a season. Just like Torres, Sutton was never played to his own strengths, and though this was clearly not his fault he was roundly condemned for it.

Worryingly, Sturridge is being played out of position because his style doesn't fit in with AVB's - I'd love to see Torres and Sturridge start up front together against QPR, we could see something special begin to develop, but that'll never happen under the present manager. Please prove me wrong, AVB!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueBeard View Post
    Another factor is that when Malouda plays he never passes to Torres for reasons best known to himself - the sooner we're rid of that FRENCH twat the better.
    There -I've done your corrections, you missed out a word, BlueBeard.

Thankyou, Mehitabel, that was very remiss of me

Banned
    I am sure Torres will start scoring goals if the team trains more and get to know each other more.
    The team is still in transition, so its hard for everyone, not just Torres.

QPR and Chelsea issue fans warning in bid to lower tensions

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/56269000/jpg/_56269201_56269200.jpg')
    Terry is expected to start for Chelsea in the FA Cup tie at QPR

QPR and Chelsea have said they will take action against anyone using discriminatory language during their FA Cup tie on Saturday.
    The match will be the first time the two clubs have met since Chelsea's John Terry was charged with racially abusing Anton Ferdinand in October's derby.
    A QPR and Chelsea joint statement said: "Discrimination has no place in football or society."
    On Tuesday, QPR encouraged Ferdinand to shake hands with Terry before the tie.

Blues manager Andre Villas-Boas has appealed for calm ahead of the game at QPR's Loftus Road ground.
    The statement added: "Both clubs enjoy fantastic support. However we would remind fans that, while we want to hear their passion, it's a fact that hatred and abuse is not what being a fan of QPR or Chelsea is about.
    "The clubs will work together with the police to ensure that anyone using discriminatory or inflammatory language is identified and that the strongest possible action is taken against them.
    "We would urge fans witnessing any form of abuse to report it to a matchday steward.
    "Let's make Saturday's match a celebration of football.
    "A local derby is always a special occasion and this weekend's FA Cup tie is a unique opportunity to show the world that hatred has no place in our game, our clubs, or our communities."
    The Chelsea skipper was charged after his side's 1-0 league defeat at Loftus Road on 23 October.
    The England captain, who denies the allegations, will not be attending the hearing at West London Magistrates Court on 1 February. His legal team will enter a not guilty plea on his behalf.
    Saturday's fourth-round game will kick off at noon, partly on the advice of police.
    Link

Behave guys.
    I bet the camera's will be focused on Terry.

Banned
    I find it quite distasteful to be asking fans during the match to keep an eye out and report other fans to the officials. They're not there to act as unpaid policemen, for goodness sake!

Banned
    There is NOTHING in this WORRRRRRLD ( I am Scottish) more annoying than someone saying they understand, when clearly they don't!!!!

Banned
    Yes, I'd think the j**rn*l*st theory was a pretty accurate one! Either that or he sent it to himself!

Banned
    Live Chelsea discussions of the game exclusively FREE to members only!
    via the Chelsea White Wall Chat Box in Forum home

Banned
    I am getting very twitchy about this match! Hope to see you all in the chat box later.

Banned
    Good luck Chelsea!

Discussions in the Chat Box please

To our guests: It is only exclusive to members only! Register now for free!
    We will have live discussions during the match.

Banned
    How did you feel Torres performed, Hutch?

Final Score 0-1 Chelsea.
    Im glad we won though, after losing to them with 9 men in the EPL a few months back.

Chelsea lacked creativity at the front again, and we only managed to win by scoring from a penalty, game was secured but QPR looked threatening in the closing minutes when Cech made a wonderful save towards the end to keep us another clean sheet in a row.

Torres still not on the scoresheet, I wonder how desperate he wants to be on the scoresheet.

Cahill still hasn't started for us yet, mainly because Luiz performances has improved, so Cahill should be fighting for his place in the starting 11.

Malouda played poorly in my opinion.

Thread Information