Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Paul Pogba

Banned

Paul Pogba

Chelsea to swoop now for 3m Pogba as rivals wait until summer for United rebel

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/01/23/article-2090808-0F7F672100000578-55_306x423.jpg')
    Up for grabs: French midfielder Paul Pogba is out of contract at Old Trafford this summer

Chelsea are prepared to rival Arsenal and Manchester City for the signing of Paul Pogba with a 3million bid this month.

The Manchester United contract rebel has been long been tipped as one of the stars of the future, but he is yet to secure a regular spot in Sir Alex Ferguson's first-team squad.

Pogba is now in the final six months of contract, allowing him to speak with other clubs about a possible cut-price transfer come the summer. And his refusal to agree terms has seen him marginalised by his manager.

With City and Arsenal already tentatively making enquiries over an end-of-season switch, Chelsea boss Andre Villas-Boas has attempted to steal a march on the rest with a January bid, according to the Mirror.

Two scouts were deployed to watch the Frenchman in action on Thursday night as Manchester United's second-string run riot against Newcastle. Alongside captain Davide Petrucci, Pogba was instrumental in the 6-0 win.

The France Under 19 international joined United from Le Harve in 2009 and has made three Carling Cup appearances this term.

Juventus and Inter Milan are also keen.
    Link

I like his name "Pogba" kind of reminds me of "Drogba"

Banned
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTLL5eJ-29zPr1DMa_R3NT3hg4OoV8jeXAjupUK0G9Nt3h_3zmfLw')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://static2.milkcapmania.co.uk/Img/pogs/Pog%20Pourri%20Series%202/300DPI/35-Picket-POG.png')

Anyone actually remember these?

I like his name> Pogba I first thought he was an Ivorian :P

Banned
    Pogs is a game that was popularized during the early 1990s. The game is played using discs which are also called "pogs". The name originates from POG, a brand of juice made from passionfruit, orange and guava; the use of the POG bottle caps to play the game pre-dated the game's commercialization.[1] The game of pogs possibly originated in Hawaii (Maui, Hawaii) in the 1920s or 1930s,[2][3] or possibly with origins in a game from much earlier: Menko, a Japanese card game very similar to pogs, has been in existence since the 17th century.[4] Pogs returned to popularity when the World POG Federation and the Canada Games Company reintroduced them to the public in the 1990s. The pog fad soared, and peaked in the mid 1990s before rapidly fading out.
    From Wiki

I had some when I was young

Banned
    Chelsea on the Paul as Blues ramp up interest in Man United youngster Pogba

Chelsea have entered the race to sign Manchester United youngster Paul Pogba.

The 18-year-old French midfielder was heavily linked with both Juventus and fierce rivals Manchester City in the transfer window after contract talks with the Old Trafford club stalled.

Pogba has made several substitute appearances for the first team and was in the squad for United's 2-1 win over Liverpool at the weekend.
    He also scored the winner for the reserves against Bolton on Tuesday - a display watched by the Blues.
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/02/15/article-0-118AA259000005DC-121_306x416.jpg')

On the move: Pogba has stalled over a new contract at United

Sir Alex Ferguson, a keen admirer of the Frenchman, is prepared to give the highly-rated midfielder a raise if he commits to the Premier League champions.

But according to the Daily Mirror, Pogba is demanding a one-off figure in the region of 3million to secure his signature, with Chelsea ready to pay the fee.

Speaking on Tuesday, the 18-year-old believes he is improving all the time at United.
    'It's very good,' he told MUTV. 'Just to train with the talented players, top-class players, and improve and get more experience.

'When I'm on the bench, I just watch and want to play with them and get involved. Like against Liverpool, it was a great chance for me to be on the bench.

'I hope I will come on and do my best and show everyone what I can do.'

Link

Not sure if we should get him :s

I think we should. We need young and creative players. I don't think he'll be much expensive. But the player seems to be enjoying sitting on the bench at Old Trafford

Banned
    If we do get him, he could be another one of those players who hardly get any game time.
    Just look at Cahill, he has been here for like 4 weeks, and only managed to start one game.

I guess AVB is not play Cahill, because he's waiting for the right time. Besides, our recent performances were not good enough and now we are down to the 5th position. Which is bad. As Cahill is a new signing, so playing him in the crucial moments and tougher games is not a really good idea.

However, things are not confirmed yet. If we are close to a move in signing Pogba, then I think it wont be a bad idea. Yes, I do agree that he wont be getting to play with team much, but as he's 18 so he'll get to know the style of the team at first and then get acquainted with the way of playing here.

Now, lets see what happens. The manager knows what is right. I think we should get him. He seems quite potential, but I feel the club wont bother buying him.

Banned
    If he is for 3 million, it would be a great price to get him, because he already showed some of his talent in the EPL and coming on as a sub for United.

I think if we do get him, he would be loaned out?
    AVB prefers more experienced players starting, just look at Lukaku, he hardly gets any game time. Im sure Lukaku will get loaned out at the end of the season if Drogba stays.

He wont maybe cost more than that.
    What if Drogba doesn't stays, then what do you think is Lukaku headed to, stay or loan?

Banned
    Well we always need a backup striker.
    If Drogba leaves, then we will need to get an experienced striker. if we don't get an experienced striker then Lukaku will need to stay.

I prefer Lukaku goes on loan, and we manage a great striker.

Banned
    Yeah, Lukaku needs more game time, and I don't think AVB will play him when we have Torres, an experienced Striker.

If Torres still doesn't score this season, AVB could well sell him, or make a swap for another striker too.

I have watched him play a reserve team match against chelsea he played confidently well hope we get him.

Thread Information