Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Is AVB's Job Safe?

Banned

Is AVB's Job Safe?

Chelsea FC favourites to be Jose Mourinho's next club

Chelsea have been installed as favourites with one bookmaker to be Jose Mourinho's next club as speculation continues that the Real Madrid boss will return to the Premier League this summer.

Mourinho looks increasingly likely to be on his way out of the Bernabeu at the end of the season following several days of reports suggesting that his relationship with players has broken down.

The former Inter Milan coach, who has ironed out his differences with Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich, has made no secret of the fact that he will return to the Premier League when he eventually leaves Madrid, and on Monday, one firm installed Arsenal as favourites to appoint the 49-year-old if and when he next takes charge of an English club.

But bookmakers bet365 believe a second spell at Stamford Bridge is more likely.

bet365 spokesman Steve Freeth told Crunchsports.com: "We were 1/2 about Mourinho not being in charge of Real Madrid at the start of next season before the weekend and we’re in no rush to go back out with the market after the latest reports.

"A return to England could be on the cards and his former club Chelsea head our betting for his next destination."

The firm make Manchester City second favourites to be Mourinho's next club following weekend reports suggesting the Special One was their top choice to succeed Roberto Mancini should the Italian be sacked this summer.
    Link

So do you guys think AVB's job is safe?

If AVB doesn't make it in the top 4 of the EPL this season, we could well see Mourinho back for Chelsea.

Banned
    I truly think we would be a laughing stock if we booted out yet another manager. We have to give AVB a reasonable time to make his mark and restructure the team. I don't see Roman bringing Jose back. The Clash of the Titans has already taken place - not going to happen again!

That's a great news if Jose comes back, I'll love to see him back in the team again! But Mourinho has said earlier that his next move would be England, not sure whether its Chelsea or not.

AVB's job depends upon this season. If we win nothing this time, then it might turn out to be heavy on him. since Abramovic did the same with some of our previous managers> we win nothing, and the manager is axed!

Banned
    Yes, Faiza. but there is a limit to the number of times the owner can sack a manager without making himself and the club look totally ridiculous. I think Roman has reached that limit.

Banned
    Roman has.
    I am sure by now, Roman knows its not just the managers, its mainly down to the players.

Imagine Mourinho taking over Utd, when Ferguson retires. (Touch wood, lets hope it won't happen)

I agree with Mehit,abramovich has reached that limit and has given villas sometime to build the team for now.

Banned
    We could possibly see AVB stay for many years.
    Forget about being first in the EPL, we could even win the F.A Cup and/or Champions League with AVB. Who knows what will happen

Cheers to that! =)

AVB loves Chelsea very much, and thats why he's building for the future, cuz he want's it to be bright. He wants us to succed in future and be like Barca, eventhough he might not be part of it, we all know why. I say give him a chance.

Banned
    Thread moved to "Rumours"

Jose: I’ll manage Chelsea

JOSE MOURINHO is ready to make a spectacular return as Chelsea manager.

The Special One is quitting Spanish giants Real Madrid in the summer to come back to England.

And the two-time Champions League winner, who bagged six trophies in just three years at Stamford Bridge, is keen on resuming his old job in SW6.

A top source close to Mourinho revealed last night: "Jose would go back to Chelsea."

The only stumbling block is that this time Mourinho will insist Blues' billionaire owner Roman Abramovich gives him TOTAL control of team affairs, free from any interference.

That way he guarantees to bring the glory days back to the Fulham Road club.

The source added: "He knows things are a mess there right now. He also knows it would be difficult to go back and make the same impact as before.

"Winning the Premier League title back to back in his first two years at a club that had not been champions for 50 years was incredible. That's why he's still loved by the fans and why he still loves the club. They were special days.

"But before agreeing, he would want things very clear between him and Roman Abramovich.

"He would say 'Roman, you are the owner and I am the boss here. Let's work together and the power is in our hands'.

"For Jose that would be the perfect partnership."

Abramovich might well be tempted. The Londoners have tried a succession of managers since Mourinho's shock departure in 2007 — Avram Grant, Phil Scolari, Guus Hiddink, Carlo Ancelotti and now Mourinho's ex- scout Andre Villas-Boas.

But all have failed to match Mourinho's heroics.

Hiddink won the FA Cup and Ancelotti did the Double, while current boss Villas-Boas has Chelsea only fourth after a string of disappointing displays and results.

Villas-Boas was brought in at a cost of almost £25million — including a £12m three-year contract, £5m compensation to his former club Porto and severance pay for Ancelotti.

But Mourinho believes he has unfinished business.

He won all four domestic trophies — Premier League, FA and Carling Cups and Community Shield — but never captured the Champions League crown.

Adding Chelsea to his previous successes with Porto and Inter Milan would be his top aim — an ambition shared by Abramovich.
    Link

I like AVB and I like Mourinho.
    It would be quite harsh to sack AVB for Mourinho.

Banned
    More updates from AVB on the official site:

VILLAS-BOAS: ATTRACTIVE TARGET

Andre Villas-Boas has responded to media reports linking former Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho with a return to Stamford Bridge.

Mourinho was in charge in west London from the summer of 2004 until September 2007, and is currently managing Real Madrid. His side are seven points clear at the top of La Liga, but reports coming out of Spain recently appear to suggest that this season will be his last in the country before he heads back to take up a post in England.

Villas-Boas, though, who worked under Mourinho when he was in charge at the club, was quick to set the record straight.

'At the moment there is not a vacancy at this club and the Real Madrid manager is not available at the moment,' he said.

He [Mourinho] is tied up to the best club and the only thing I can say is that I have lived Jose's availability when we were out of Chelsea. I know how many clubs came knocking on his door.

'So a manager of Jose's dimension and the number one in the world will always be an attractive target for any club. Also, a manager that also makes himself available to return to his beloved England will for sure capture the interest of Man City and Man United, Chelsea and Tottenham, Liverpool and Arsenal and so on and so forth. In that sense we are all under pressure, from Mancini to Ferguson, from me to Dalglish to Harry Redknapp and so on.'

Villas-Boas went on to admit that he completely understands how the football industry works in terms of the continued rumours and stories which emerge on a daily basis, and has no problem with it, but insisted there is only one guaranteed way of ensuring you don't come under scrutiny.

'Firstly, I don't think managers should speak about other manager's positions because that is a matter of ethics,' he said. 'But just like there is speculation that surrounds player transfers, there is also speculation about managers as well, that is perfectly normal, and that is part of football.

'Speculation will always come when you are unsuccessful, and you are unsuccessful at Chelsea if you don't finish first. Managerial changes occur in all countries and at all clubs so it's normal, but it depends on the belief in the project and we have a lot of faith in what will happen here next year.'

Link

His job might be safe now, but if Mourinho decides to leave at the end of the season from Real Madrid, then AVB should be more worried then.

Abromovich will have to make a big decision whether to keep AVB and give him more time to manage the club or bring in Mourinho who has showed he is capable to bring silverware to the club.

Banned
    I would be extremely surprised if the Jose/Roman romance was relighted!

Quote Originally Posted by Hutchinson56 View Post
    Exactly. Mourinho's long gone, people need to get over it.
    Very true - not many managers, or indeed players, have the same impact when returning to an old club.

I always liked Jose Mourinho as he spoke his mind. He brought us great success after many barren years, was tactically superb, his substitutions were normally spot on, and we rarely lost a lead. Having said that, our football wasn't that great to watch under his leadership, and I really can't see Abramovich reinstating him - it would be too much of a loss of face.

I wish him every success in his future as manager/coach - unless it's at Man.Utd, Liverpool, Tottenham, Arsenal, West Ham, Celtic or Leeds!

Banned
    If I am honest, BlueBeard and Hutch, I always liked him because he's drop dead gorgeous, but you can't move backwards. I'd like to see him managing Rangers!

Quote Originally Posted by Mehitabel View Post
    If I am honest, BlueBeard and Hutch, I always liked him because he's drop dead gorgeous, but you can't move backwards. I'd like to see him managing Rangers!
    Is Super Ally not drop dead gorgeous enough for you???

Banned
    What stupid joke.

Football transfer rumours: Fabio Capello to Chelsea?

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Football/Clubs/Club_Home/2012/2/10/1328863800721/Fabio-Capello-007.jpg')

It's a crisp February morning in Cobham. Chelsea are being put through their paces at their training ground. John Terry is happily conducting banter, his captain's armband bulging from his biceps. But then, suddenly, everything and everyone falls silent as the gate swings open and an unshaven Italian man, reeking of Bourbon and still dressed in his regulation FA suit, stands in the distance. For a moment, everyone looks quizzically at him, and then quickly turn their gaze on to Terry, who's starting to look nervous, a bead of sweat dripping from his brow.
    "Mr Capello," he blurts out. "What a pleasant surprise. How are you?"
    Silence.
    "Welcome to Chelsea! Mind me ask what you're doing here?"
    Still, there's no answer. Instead the Italian man is walking purposefully towards Terry, his pace picking up with every stride, his arms outstretched, his eyes burning into the Barking boy's soul. Terry turns to run. A crucial error. He forgets he has the turning time of a continent. Before he knows what's hit him, the Italian man leaps through the air, jumping on top of Terry and pinning him to the turf.
    "Now who's the captain, Jay Tee? I back you! I say you England captain! I tell FA! And now I not England manager. Well, lucky for you, I get new job. Guess where?"
    By now, you've probably put two and two together and worked out that this is the stunning news that managerful Chelsea are lining up Fabio Capello to be their next fall-guy as soon as possible, with André Villas-Boas swiftly being ushered towards the exit door. "There are strong rumours that Capello is coming and it could be sooner rather than later," said one Chelsea source. Other Chelsea sources were not available. This all appears to be stemming from Roman Abramovich turning up to watch training again, even though Villas-Boas insists it's no problem at all, his mouth saying one thing, his eyes saying another.
    "We have never stopped speaking, because he is physically present it does not mean the conversation has just started now," said Chelsea's teenage manager, going on to tell the assembled journalists about Facebook and Twitter and text messages and instant messaging and emails. "The conversations have been ongoing, in different modes, but with physical presence you get your ideas across better, which is good. You can speculate whatever you want, but for us it is fantastic to have him here. It is not distracting, not at all." Yeah, and Piers Morgan's going to be the next England manager.
    Villas-Boas isn't planning on going anywhere though and is currently eyeing a £50m swoop for Atlético Madrid's prolific striker Falcao, with Fernando Torres returning to Madrid, like a failed singer-songwriter sheepishly shuffling back to his small town to take a job in a motorway diner after failing to make it in the Big Smoke, just like his family predicted.
    Tottenham are going to make the FA sing for Harry Redknapp – Boom! Shake the Room by DJ Jazzy Jeff and The Fresh Prince is said to be their song of choice. The Mirror says Daniel Levy wants £5m for his manager; the Mail says it's £10m; the Mill will play it safe and say £7.5m. Alternatively Redknapp might just take the job for Euro 2012, lose every game, and then head back to White Hart Lane. With any luck, José Mourinho will get the job and then lose every game 10-0 on purpose, just to screw with everyone. Let's see the Sunday Supplement gang explain that one.
    Bored with talk of England? Be careful what you wish for, because here's some news about Robin van Persie: Real Madrid are preparing a £30m bid for the Arsenal striker. Barcelona and Manchester City are keen too. Another man on his way out at Arsenal is Andrey Arshavin, who could be heading back to Zenit St Petersburg. Ledley King, whose contract expires at the end of the season, will reject a new pay-as-you-play deal from Spurs. There's gratitude for you.

Valencia are after Manchester City's utility man Pablo Zabaleta. They'll probably cope. Paul Pogba, the new Patrick Vieira on account of being black, French and a footballer, will leave Manchester United and join Juventus on a free in the summer. Patrick Vieira played for Juventus. Birmingham want Daniel Cousin on a free.
    Ahead of Saturday's big game between Manchester United and Liverpool, Ryan Giggs has launched an astonishing attack on the Merseyside club. The Sun says: "Ryan Giggs has warned Liverpool they will never get their titles record back." Ryan Giggs says: "They're a club similar to us with a massive history. It's the club we tried to catch for so long and now we've caught them, the challenge is to stay ahead." Oh no he didn't! Yo momma, Liverpool! Yo momma!
    Link
    Last edited by AVB; 10th February 2012 at 14:13.

Iwon't personally like it if villas is sacked

Same, even if we get a different manager, it won't change much. I think its mainly the players that needs changing. Hopefully this summer we can change it.

I don't get people who say "forget Mourinho, move on". He is a part of our history, and HE WAS THE ONE, WHO brough the club to his very best and won BPL after astonishing 50 years. THIS MEANS A LOT TO ALL OF US, apparently not to some of you people out there. On the other hand, when some say Drogba should leave, ppl start saying how can we say sth like that and that he is a part of our history and bla bla. If we have to forget about Mourinho, we have to forget about Drogba too cuz he is just a club legend now, not good enough to play. I say, Mourinho you are welcome back at any time, but i support AVB staying too. I just want our crysis to get fixed

Thread Information